Friday, June 25, 2004

Firefox Web Developer extension rocks!

After installing the new Firefox 0.9 for Solaris, I thought I'd mess around with adding some of the extensions that are available.

Boy, am I glad I did! For anyone that works on web pages, the Web Developer extension is a MUST! For those still on Firefox 0.8, the extension is also available.

Extension features include:

  • Disable - cookies, images, javascript, styles and more!
  • CSS - add, edit, view,etc.
  • Forms - convert GET to POST and vice versa
  • Images - show paths, alt, etc.
  • Information - view cookies, headers, etc.
  • Miscellaneous - show comments, clear auth, etc.
  • Outline - display block level elements, deprecated elements, tables, etc.
  • Resize - change display size
  • View Source - um, view source. :-)
  • Options - set validators, hot keys, etc.

Such a handy tool, I wish this had been a default preference for all browsers back during the browser wars! It would have made my life easier on a number of occasions...

I'll have to see what it can do with XML content, and also look for XML specific extensions.

Get Firefox

See also: