Thursday, July 15, 2004

Set DVR for Fridays. Engage!

According to Trek Today:

Star Trek: Enterprise officially moves to Fridays on August 6th with a rerun of the episode "Hatchery." ... No fall season premiere date has yet been announced.

That's great news. Hopefully the show will benefit from the better timeslot.I've been a huge fan of the show, except for that stupid theme song. I love the visuals, but the song needs to be re-done for the new season. PLEASE!

Also for your DVR, Stargate: Atlantis premiers this Friday!

I grew up on Star Trek, ever since my mom let me watch the show when it started in syndication. You can tell from my blog title that I'm a Trekker and a geek.

My favorite series in order are:

  1. Star Trek: The Next Generation
  2. Star Trek: The Original Series
  3. Star Trek: Enterprise
  4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
  5. Star Trek: Voyager

Granted, I never really got into DS9 or Voyager. I thought Babylon 5 had a much more compelling storyline, so I'm a huge B5 fan.

On the topic of favorite SciFi shows, I wish the SciFi channel would rerun:

  • Space: Above and Beyond
  • Buck Rogers
  • Battlestar Galactica (original)

I'm hoping for the Battlestar series on DVD for my birthday, but I've already pre-ordered the Star Wars Trilogy, so that might have to wait.

In other Sci-Fi DVD news, I got The Day The Earth Stood Still/One Million Years B.C. in a two-pack from Costco yesterday for $13!

And on the gaming front, keep scanning for Destroy All Humans! coming on PS2 soon. It's supposed to have a soundtrack similar to Bernard Herrmann's (The Day the Earth Stood Still)

See also:

No comments: