Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Meeting Trading Spaces celebrities!

My wife and our friend Maureen were shopping at Michael's (hobby/decorating store) yesterday, when they ran into:

Edward Walker
Edward
and Hildi Santo-Tomas
Hildi

Looks like Trading Spaces has come to Rock Creek!

While Vern and Frank are probably her favorite designers on the show, meeting celebrities like Hildi and Edward is still pretty cool.

If you've never seen the Trading Spaces show, you should check it out on TLC (http://www.tradingspaces.com). Personally, I just end up working on more home projects as a result...

Speaking of celebrities, my wife and I also met Stephen King on our honeymoon in Estes Park. They were filming The Shining for TV Mini-Series at the Stanley Hotel. It was just a random event, but still, a celebrity.

Another celebrity I've met was Douglas Adams, author of my favorite Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book series. He spoke at an engineering conference at Sun about 4 months before he passed away.

Also in the techno world, I've met Sir Tim Berners-Lee (inventor of the internet, NOT Al Gore), Jon Bosak (inventor of XML), Tim Bray, Eve Maler, Norm Walsh (inventor of DocBook) and many more at the IDEAlliance XML conferences. You should probably just check out my LinkedIn profile...

See also: