Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Missing Extreme

I was fortunate enough to attend Extreme Markup in Montreal last year but the budget fates were unkind to me this year.

Sun management was unable/unwilling to send me to the conference, and I couldn't work out the personal finances to send myself. Hopefully circumstances will be different on both accounts for me to attend XML 2004 in Washington, D.C.

Norm Walsh is giving an excellent full-day tutorial on XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0, as well as a presentation on Extreme DocBook, the RelaxNG version of the wildly popular and widely used DocBook content model. Also, before leaving for Montreal, Norm posted the “Eaux-de-vie” release of DocBookNG.

I'm also missing out on some great presentations on Topic Maps and XSLT.Of course, if you're reading this, you are probably missing it too. I'd highly advise attending Extreme Markup and the XML conferences from IDEAlliance.

Montreal is a really interesting city, as is the Extreme Markup conference. You'll find an interesting blend of people and information in both cases. Hope to see you both next year...

See also: