Thursday, August 05, 2004

"Aonaibh ri cheile"

For those non-Gaelic readers out there (myself included), it means "Unite" and is the motto of Clan Cameron.

I actually have a few different Scottish Clans in my bloodline (Robertson, Watchman, and Sinclair to name a few), but don Cameron, as they were the most recent to come to America, and because my mom gave it to me as my middle name.

I usually march with my Clan at the Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Highland Festival in Estes Park, and was married in my kilt!

I think "Unite" is appropriate for this entry, because that's also what is desperately needed at Sun. We've had too many internal conflicts, and too many confusing messages externally.

Of course, some of the other Clan Cameron mottos could work, but I don't think they are quite as appropriate:

"Mo righ's mo dhuchaich" (For King and Country)
"Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheib sibh feail" (Sons of the hounds come hither and get flesh)

See also: ,