I'm proud to announce that the DocBook Publishers SubCommittee presented the specification for the DocBook Publishers schema to the DocBook Technical Committee. In the meeting, the motion to approve the specification to DocBook TC Working Draft was carried!
So what does this mean?
Prior to this, the specification was "locked up" in the subcommittee as it was being developed. Now that it is an official DocBook TC Working Draft, it will be available for public review for the first time! We would appreciate any and all feedback! I'll post a link as soon as it's available.
This specification would not be possible without the diligent work of:
- Keith Fahlgren, O'Reilly Media
- Norm Walsh, Mark Logic Corporation
- Dick Hamilton, XML Press
- John Pedersen, John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Jim Earley, Flatirons Solutions Corporation
- Jirka Kosek
- Dave Pawson, Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB)
- John Hanratty, Reed Elsevier
- Gary Hoffman
- Scott Hudson, Flatirons Solutions Corporation
We hope this specification will make it easier for the publishing industry to produce multi-channel content from DocBook XML!