The new G4 network has come out with some interesting new shows. Slightly amusing is Bonzai, but the best is Star Trek 2.0!
I found out about it from an ad on MeeVee (who says internet ads don't work?). The show plays uncut classic Trek episodes, but also provides a ticker for the "Spock Market"
Basically, you sign up for a free account where they start you with 100000 Federation credits to "invest". There are a variety of "stocks" you can buy, and based on the episodes that air and other random news events, the value of those stocks change.
For my starting portfolio, here's what I got for my 100000 credits:
- SPK (Spock): 10
- MDM (Dr. McCoy): 5
- SCT (Scotty): 100 - why not? This is Scotty's Engineering Log after all!
- CKV (Chekov): 25
- DMI (Dilithium Mining and Mineral): 45 - hey, who figured out how to re-crystalize in ST IV?
- PHP (Starship Phaser and Photon): 1
- WRP (Cochrane Warp and Impulse): 5
- RAC (Robot, Android and Clone): 15
- RDS (Red Shirt): 2 - because everyone needs a couple of Red Shirts, just in case...
- TRS (Transporter): 50 - what did Scotty work on besides the engines?
- PHZ (Hand Phaser and Blade): 25
- KRS (Klingons, Romulans and More): 25 - I've always liked the Klingons! Qapla'!
I figured this would give me a pretty balanced portfolio. We'll see how this Enterprise works out...
You can give it a try at: http://www.g4tv.com/startrek20/spockmarket.aspx
UPDATE (4/26): My current net worth is 24,293,485 FDR!
- JTK (Kirk): 1006
- SPK (Spock): 75
- MDM (Dr. McCoy): 167
- SCT (Scotty): 100
- CKV (Chekov): 10
- DMI (Dilithium Mining and Mineral): 200
- PHP (Starship Phaser and Photon): 10
- COM (Communicator): 1
- TSP (Tricorder, Sensor and Probe): 10
- WRP (Cochrane Warp and Impulse): 10
- LOG (Starship Log and Computer): 2
- FED (United Federation of Planets): 200
- RAC (Robot, Android and Clone): 130
- RDS (Red Shirt): 100
- TRS (Transporter): 23
- UPP (Universal Planet and Planetoid): 205
- PHZ (Hand Phaser and Blade): 10245
- KRS (Klingons, Romulans and More): 40